Your Username should not create uneasiness for other users in the Chat Rooms or Forums. At our sole discretion we may cancel your membership if we feel that your username violates this guideline.
If you are under18 years of age you are not permitted to use the Chat Rooms and will be asked to leave or be ejected.
During chat, verbal attacks of others, on-line dating, advertisement of any sort, or promoting any business opportunity, is not allowed. Remember, the Chat Rooms are part of a Spiritual Community where our members feel safe to talk with others.
We do not want to have a hierarchy in the structure at Like-Mindz as we hope that everyone could be perceived as equal which is how we should be. However, we feel it is important that we do not give our energy to anything that takes us away from who we really are and this will, at times, mean we have to direct the focus of the chatrooms and clear up misunderstandings that might arise in the chatrooms. Unfortunately this may required the need to silence or eject someone from the chatroom.
This will help ensure that classes run smoothly and everyone is happy.
1. When you enter the classroom you enter quietly.
2. Save the "hi's and bye's" for the other rooms, this will save an awful lot of time and avoid interruptions.
3. Please if you are late for class and you are unsure what is happening in the room, would you ask in room 1 as this will avoid the teacher having to repeat themselves over and over again. Hopefully someone will be able to clarify in there. However there may be times where everyone has to give their full attention to the class, please dont be offended if no one answers.
4. Some classes will require your full attention, if the teacher requests that you either leave the classroom if you cant fully focus or to leave the other rooms if you are going to participate please understand that there is a need to build the energy in class, it is nothing personal.
5. Some classes will require participation so please try not to log into the classroom if you are not going to be watching the room. It is very frustrating for novice readers who wish to pass on some sort of message when the person the message is for is not present.
6. Please put in Q to ask a question and a C to comment. Always end what you wish to say with a K.
We have no problem with anyone at Like-Mindz looking around at the classes elsewhere but we do suggest that if you have decided to attend regular classes here it is always better to try and be consistent. Students who flit from site to site gaining a little knowledge from several sources have demonstrated a very confused and distorted view of many of the topics that are covered here at Like-Mindz. It is far better for everyone concerned to be committed and consistent.
We ask that if you are new to classes that you please refrain from being disruptive. We will do our best to answer your questions after the class but students who have been following a course of classes will be missing out on the set topic for that particular class. Quite often different people come in and ask the same questions over and over so our regulars end up losing out.
We do ask however, that if you attend our classes here and possibly would like to practice readings in our chatrooms, we have a certain standard we would like to maintain. Readings here at Like-Mindz are structured in the way we teach in our classes and we would like to move away from the styles which involve Phishing for a potential sitter you will find taught elsewhere. We are very happy for those of you who prefer to read in this way to maybe try one of the following links which are most likely the type of site you are looking for:
Please read our reading guidelines page for more details on readings at Like-Mindz.
Please be courteous of others in the room. In the proper context it is permitted when conversations are emotionally intense, including the use of graphic language (not vulgar language). We ask that you try to remain courteous of other’s in the room. It is also your responsibility to yourself to leave the Chat Room and return at a later time if the conversations are counter-productive.
We strongly believe that as long as we treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves that we can avoid the need to dictate to our members and police the rooms.
Like-Mindz does not follow any organized religion as such but welcome individuals from all backgrounds and cultures. We ask that our members try and avoid pushing their personal religious views onto others and respect each other’s right to choose for ourselves if we wish to follow a certain path or way of life.
We want it to be clear that readings are for entertainment purposes only, and any views people have are individual views and in no way can the site be held responsible for freedom of sharing thoughts and feelings. If we feel that your input to the site is not in the best interest of the community, as a whole, we may be forced in some cases to either silence or remove these people. In some cases there will not be a warning or an explanation but we will always try to be as fair as possible.
On-line Dating Policy
We strongly discourage our members from using the Chat Rooms as a means to participate in on-line dating relationships. There are many on-line Dating Sites with Chat Rooms, so there is no need to use the Chat Rooms at Like-Mindz for this purpose.
Activities Not Permitted
Harassment, verbal abuse of another user, flooding, flaming, spamming, use of programs such as IRC clients, worms, bots scripts, or Trojan horses will NOT BE TOLERATED for any reason. Initiation or participation in any such activity will cause you to be banned from chatting and using the Forums, and may be cause to report the behavior to your ISP for termination of account. Be aware that we record the ISP of all visitors and users of the Chat Rooms and Forums.
Posting Link Rule
In the course of a conversation in chat, a link may be posted with information about a topic or subject that is being discussed, or if someone asks that a link be provided for additional information about a topic. This may be in the form of an information site, a video, or a business website. As long as links are not being added constantly or in a way that is disruptive to the chatroom, this is permissible. Promotional links and posts for someone's own business website is discouraged.
Chat Room Addiction
We define Chat Room Addiction as the following:
When a person:
• is showing excessive signs of co-dependency when chatting with others.
• is chatting more than a few hours a day.
• is chatting instead of taking care of themselves physically or emotionally.
• is avoiding relationships with others by chatting online.
Like-Mindz is both an online Spiritual Community and a way of life off line. Please be aware of the potential for Chat Room Addiction.
Please feel free to ask in the rooms for more information and check this page for updates.